Duties & Responsibilities:
• CHEQUE LOGGING AND MAINTENANCE
Receives, logs and records tenant rental cheques on a daily basis, maintains a post dated cheque log and keys in all deposits to the company’s core business information platform to ensure timely collection, deposit and processing of cheques and cash receipts.
• DAILY BANKING
Prepares daily bank deposits and required fund transfers for deposits to designated company’s bank accounts to ensure all payments are deposited to the bank and processed/recorded correctly and timely; personally deposits cheques and cash to designated company bank accounts on a daily basis.
• ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND COLLECTION
Monitors all tenant accounts, assists with sales and charge backs for non-sufficient fund cheques, as necessary, and initiates collection activity to ensure rents are paid in a timely fashion and administration fees are charged in accordance with the company’s policies. Analyzes tenant rental accounts and prepares statements as well as compiles rental statements from the company’s core business information platform and supplies tenants with account statements to facilitate collection
• BAD DEBT PROVISIONS AND WRITE-OFFS
Assists with the preparation and circulation of authorizations for bad debt and accounts receivable provisions and write-offs to resolve any outstanding account receivable issues, while coordinating with management on collection strategies.
• ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE RECORD KEEPING
Maintains accounts receivable filing system as well as assists with the preparation of monthly account receivable statements on a timely basis to ensure the accurate recording of account receivable transactions.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
• Community College Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications (esp. Word and Excel) & Yardi
• Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong analytical ability
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Systematic thinking