Duties & Responsibilities:
1. LEASE INPUT
Reviews, interprets and inputs retail lease information into the company’s property management system within adequate timeframe and in accordance with corporate guidelines and procedures to ensure integrity of lease information for various users across the organization.
2. DATA INTEGRITY
Maintains the integrity and quality of the lease information in the company’s property management system on an on-going basis by following policies and procedures at the time of data entry as well as by performing on-going review of data exception reports, rent rolls and other system documentation and eliminating erroneous data, where required.
3. RENT ROLL, AMORTIZATION AND GLOBAL RENT UPDATES
Reconciles, balances and generates monthly rent rolls and amortization rollover schedules for the assigned portfolio of properties, maintains on-going integrity of Unit Inventory in addition to inputting annual budgeted additional rent rates/charges for realty taxes and operating costs to ensure integrity, timeliness and accuracy of recurring revenue recognition, building GLA and global rent updates in support of property accounting and property management processes.
4. REVENUE MODELING AND RE-FORECASTING
Performs both annual revenue modeling and quarterly re-forecasting for an assigned portfolio of retail properties in support of budgeting and business plan activities contributing to the asset and property management services provided to investors.
5. DATA CONVERSIONS
Assists the Acquisition team with lease documentation input at the time of property conversion by performing set-up of newly acquired properties in the company’s property management system, when required.
6. LEASE DATA AUDITS
Participates in lease information audits on a regular basis to ensure the integrity of data is maintained and lease information is input in accordance with the existing policies and procedures to ensure integrity of data for various stakeholders.
7. LEASE INPUT STANDARDS
Assists with establishing new standards, guidelines and procedures for lease information input in the company’s property management system to ensure best practices are shared and policies and procedures are kept current.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Minimum 2 years of retail lease administration experience
- Prior experience with JD Edwards or other Property Management ERP
- Solid understanding of a retail/commercial lease
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deliver consistent and high-quality results under pressure as well as meet deadlines.
- Prior hands-on experience with revenue modeling, reforecasting or other elements of a budgeting process is an asset.