Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Financial Duties
This includes preparation of financial budgets to ensure standard and quality adherence for approval. Tracking of financial results. Approving all invoices through the building manager. Oversee rent receivables, assessment of repairs. Manage trust account on behalf of broker.
2. Supervision of Staff
Perform staff performance evaluations, coaching and various reporting. Approve staff documentation such as monthly attendance, overtime requests, vacation requests, rental bonus commissions and hourly payroll. Direct site staff as necessary- including phone calls, emails, text messages (on and off site), and processes related to RTA procedures, licensing, collections, etc. Responsible for staff recruitment.
3. Tenant Relations
Responds to and resolves Tenant issues (e.g. rent disputes, late payments and tenant complaints) following established policies and precedents in order to protect company interests and maintain positive Tenant relationships. Approve all new resident applications.
4. Preparation and Analysis of reports
Complete and approve reports such as monthly variance and accounts receivable and provide to the regional general manager.
5. Repairs and Maintenance
Participate in building inspections. Direct building managers to review maintenance and repair problems on a monthly basis. Approve purchase orders and invoicing. Review all service requisitions and maintenance requests. Ensure compliance with the Residential Tenancy act (“RTA”) and municipal by-laws, fire safety and environmental codes. Other day to day matters as they arise.
6. Lease Management
Achieve targets for occupancy levels and market rents. Perform market surveys of local competition. Develop and execute marketing plan to include tenant retention and advertising programs.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
• RECA associate or associate broker license with property management
• ARM, CPM, RPA designation would be an asset
• 5 years + of property management experience
• 5 years + experience in managing staff
• WHMIS, OHS, workplace safety
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications
• Previous exposure or practical experience with Yardi is an asset
• Knowledge of RTA.
• Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
• Ability to maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders including: tenants, staff, municipal officials, trades, and suppliers.
• Good Organizational Skills
• Demonstrated Conflict Resolution Skills
• Ability to understand and interpret financial statements
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Criminal record check