Duties & Responsibilities:
1. LEASE DOCUMENTATION
Drafts and amends leases and lease-related documentation based on signed offers for execution by tenants and senior management; reviews executed documents for completeness and accuracy, approves and prepares documents for landlord execution; liaises within and outside of the organization to arrange for execution of lease and other documentation and distribution of copies; tracks status of lease documentation and approved internal paperwork from proposal to final execution in addition to tracking tenant inducement and real estate commissions information; contributes to improving the business process to expedite lease documentation turnover; may be required to prepare ancillary low-risk lease documentation i.e. storage and parking agreements.
2. LEASING NEGOTIATIONS AND CORRESPONDENCE
Coordinates negotiation of terms with the lease administration or legal department, tenants and tenants’ lawyers; prepare correspondence relative to offers to lease and other legal documentation and notices; addresses all lease-related inquiries or issues as they arise; prepares all required correspondence relative to lease agreements and ancillary documentation.
3. SYSTEM INPUT OF LEASE INFORMATION
Inputs revenue modeling, reforecast revenue, lease and insurance certificate information into the company’s business information system for annual business planning and budgeting; timely and accurately inputs set-up, revisions and updates to lease documentation and tenant information into the company’s business information system; may be required to maintain data entry training manual for the office to ensure continuity of information and succession for the department.
4. LEASING SUPPORT
Assists with marketing and distribution of information to brokers and leasing agents; updates leasing opportunities page on the company’s website to assist with leasing of space; prepares property profiles and other relevant portfolio information for investors upon request; may assist in due diligence in the acquisition or disposition of properties; researches leasing related inquiries from various sources, as required; arranges for the paperwork necessary for obtaining credit reports for prospective tenants; assist with quarterly reporting; places company specific advertising, when required; ensures that rental deposits are received, where required; assists with daily and routine administrative tasks of the department to enable achievement of the common goals and objectives
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
• College Diploma in Business, Commerce or Real Estate or equivalent experience
• Administration and Customer Service experience required
• Excellent command of the written English language
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent attention to detail
• Systematic and analytical thinker
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Able to deliver quality results under pressure and while providing a high level of customer service
• Team player
• Working knowledge of JD Edwards is an asset
• Knowledge of contract law, insurance and environmental law, and property management an asset
• Real Estate license or desire to enroll in the program and meet licensing requirements post-hire is an asset