Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Specialty Leasing Business Plan
Develops and implements a Specialty Leasing Business Plan and Temporary Leasing Program to increase and diversify revenue streams generated at the property.
2. Tenant Prospecting
Actively prospects (incl. cold calling and local travel) for third parties interested in temporary leasing opportunities both locally and regionally and performs various activities to successfully arrange for lease of space to a variety of parties incl. preparation, negotiation and execution of binding license agreements with temporary tenants, maintenance of specialty leasing database, collection of rent, coordination of move-in, set-up and move-out as well as monitoring of tenant’s ongoing operations and their adherence to effective lease provisions to ensure that the goals of the specialty leasing program are achieved.
3. Specialty Leasing Best Practices
Continuously explores and develops new revenue streams for the property through industry networking, professional development and learning about new innovative methodologies within the area of specialty leasing and analysis of best practices.
4. Continuous Improvement of Display Standards
Continually upgrades and monitors tenancies and their visual presentations as well as develops display standards for the shopping centre in order to ensure high standards are in keeping with the mandate of the management team of the property.
5. Specialty Leasing Policies and Procedures
In collaboration with the management team, monitors adherence to and enforces policies related to signage, lease lines and special events to make sure that specialty leasing activity does not interfere with the on-going operations at the property or enjoyment of lease by permanent tenants and general public.
6. Budgeting and Reforecasting
In collaboration with the General Manager and National Director, Specialty Leasing develops annual revenue and expense budget for specialty leasing activities at the property and prepared reforecast on a quarterly basis to ensure best estimates are available to assist the senior management team with their decision-making.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
• Previous Specialty Leasing or related experience at a retail centre
• Licensed or agree to obtain the licensing required by the BC Real Estate Council
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications
• Strong networking and business development skills
• Communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently
• Negotiating skills
• Presentation skills
• Creative thinking is an asset