Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Property Operations Documentation
Oversees all site administration (including approving applications/leases, collections of rents and sales reports, etc.) while establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants, may be responsible for attending tribunal hearings; reviews and approves purchase orders and invoices that fall under a pre-defined authorization limit, notifying District Manager’s approval for those outside limit; issues notice to end tenancy early for non-payment of rent and approves notices of rent increases.
2. Oversight of Marketing and Leasing
Monitors all rental activity (including overseeing rental agents, weekly availability & traffic reports, advertising, rental surveys, etc.) for the property to achieve optimum occupancy rates.
3. Tenant Relations
Responds and resolves Tenant concerns (e.g. rent disputes, late payments and tenant complaints) following established policies and procedures in order to protect company interests and maintain positive Tenant relationships.
4. Budgeting and Reforecasting
Provides input into periodic operations budgeting and forecasting activities as well as variance reporting to ensure the approved budget enables attainment of strategic goals and objectives set for the property.
5. Environmental, Health and Safety
Oversees adherence to the company’s environmental and Health and Safety policies, coordinates and participates in investigation of environmental and Health and Safety incidents, supervises implementation of effective energy management programs, coordinates parking access control systems and operations of security contractor.
6. Property Operations
Oversees security functions, repairs and maintenance projects and carries out physical inspections of common areas to ensure the premises and grounds are maintained to managements standards, reporting to the District Manager of any areas in question; oversees suite turnover and other building related projects and directly liaises with Contractors/suppliers.
7. Management of Staff
Responsible for recruitment, training and supervision of staff to ensure that all administrative and operational policies and procedures are followed.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- CPM designation is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of related residential property management experience
- Working knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act
- Experience with Yardi is an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to handle difficult situations in professional manner
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Strong financial and marketing skills
- Result oriented
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle.