Drive property performance and support employee wellbeing by embedding OHS into Morguard’s culture as a risk management imperative.
The Value Proposition
A unique in-house approach to designing its health and safety risk management strategy enables Morguard to meet the demands of each individual property. This is realized through:
- Employee training and communication in OHS across Morguard (more than 1,000 employees completed close to 7,200 hours of training in 2016)
- Centralized Occupational Health and Safety oversight within the Risk Management function and leveraging best practices across locations nationwide
- Internal programs designed to allow for greater control, customization and clear lines of responsibility
- Encouraging active employee and tenant participation through inclusive program planning, implementation and measurement
- Identifying potential hazards and working collaboratively on solutions and risk mitigation
Morguard senior management actively supports all Risk Management initiatives, and on any given day, 1 in 4 employees are directly engaged with the OHS programs.
In addition to keeping employees safe and healthy – which is the upmost priority – Morguard’s OHS risk management strategy contributes to business continuity and liability reduction. Empowered employees sharing accountability for health and safety enable the company to maintain its reputation; keep employees and tenants safe in Morguard properties; reduce costs, liabilities and service disruptions; improve employee retention and lower rates of absenteeism.